- Climate Change
- Women and Girls’ Survival
- Community Based Economics and Economic Justice
- Health Care for All
- Federal Tax Reform
- Foreign Policy
- Immigration Reform
- Community Peace/Stopping Police Violence
Let the Sun shine in!
With a new energy from the strongest source of power we know, the people of this country, let’s shine a light on the wide range of successful policies for tackling our toughest problems to transform our nation to a just, prosperous, sustainable society. Let’s look at the economic strengths of our local communities, the innovations our state legislatures, the wisdom of our traditions, and lessons from other countries. You and I together can implement the wonderful public policy initiatives listed below. Many creative approaches are used today that successfully implement ecological wisdom, social justice, grassroots democracy, and nonviolence. You just might not have heard about them yet! And the costs are usually less than the failed policies of our current government.
I hope you are as amazed as I have been at these excellent, realistic, proven policy options, and will have your faith in our people and our power restored as mine has been. And, since this massive a change is a two part effort – the “system change” hand in hand with our personal change – you’ll find action links to things you can do yourself at the end of each topic. Let’s go!
“When the people lead, the leaders will follow” – President Dwight D. Eisenhower
The two major themes of my campaign are Climate Change and Survival of Women and Girls. These and other key positions are presented below.
- Climate Change – implement an emergency economic transformation to renewable energy, including 100% renewable electricity supply by 2020, and all other energy uses by 2030
- Women and Girls’ Survival – violence against women in the US and worldwide has reached epidemic proportions, and we must protect the lives of women and girls along with all other victims of our culture of violence
- Community Based Economics and Economic Justice – a just, prosperous and sustainable economy begins at home, in our communities with small businesses and green jobs, in a Green New Deal
- Health Care for All – Single Payer Health Care and Men’s Contraception – a universal, comprehensive, national single-payer health care system would redirect the administrative waste of private insurance corporations -currently 31 cents of every dollar spent on health care in America today – into real patient care. And men need to be fully empowered to make their own decisions about having a child, with modern, safe, reversible effective contraception